Thursday, July 6, 2017

Elite Novelist Group

One thing I learned within my time in the literary industry is that eventually we all as authors have a choice to make. Once you sign to a company and put a certain amount of time in and feel like you have a certain amount of clout, you can either continue on with the company you are signed to or you go out and create your own company. I carried this thought with me back in 2013 when I signed my first publishing deal. I had a few authors who were building their own companies that let me know this directly.

One author especially, who was my publisher at the time name Alicia Howard told me directly that I need to think about creating my own company soon. Originally, the name of the company was set to be Elijah Foreman's Elite Novelists. That was in 2014. It would be another two years before I finally take the risk of stepping out there and doing this thing on my own. June 2016 I made it official by changing the name and launching Elite Novelist Group. 

My tagline is: Taking storytelling to the next level. One book at a time. It does not matter what kind of book it is. What matters most is the how solid the storyline is and the emotion that you as the author pull from the reader. Whether you make the reader laugh, cry, mad, want to fight, or reminisce about an experience of their own from the past. I stand by that timeline every day when I press my pen to the paper. And if you don't know about me yet, you will definitely know about me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment